Useful Documentation

Here are forms that you may need.
If the document that you need is not there, please click on the following link which will bring you on the Canadian Firearms Program.

Good to know

Since September 2nd, 2015, the Authorization to Transport permit is no longer required to go to your shooting club. It is now integrated into your Possession and Acquisition License (PAL). Moreover, it is no longer necessary to go to a gunsmith shop or to another shooting club, by example for a competition. However, it is important to apply for the Authorization to Transport permit to move the firearm from your old address to your new address. It is also MANDATORY to apply for a Authorization to Transport permit to transport the firearm from a province to another and to get to the border (or points of exit/entry, such as an airport).

You can send your form, dated and signed, by regular mail, to the following address, or by email (scanned) to:

WRITE: TRANSPORT AUTHORIZATION in the subject of your email. If you prefer to receive your license by email, which will be faster, write the return email address, If not the same one used to send your request.


Sûreté du Québec
Service du contrôle des Armes à feu
1701, rue Parthenais
Local C10-07.01
Montréal, Qc
H2K 3S7



If you don’t receive your new PPA or the renewal of your PPA within the allotted time, please do not hesitate to contact the Bureau du Protecteur du Citoyen to complain.

Become a member

discover the dynamic world of the shooting sport

Be part of a unique experience